Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Filthy...

Today sparked the beginning of Metcon week... No strength moves to perfect, but plenty of work to be done in the WODs (Workout of the Day). The workouts are longer and more grueling than usual, so it definitely sucks sooo good!

Metcon: Filthy Fifty (or Forty in my case)
50 Box Jumps 24/20 inch box
50 Jumping Pull-ups
50 Kettlebell Swings 35/26
50 Knees to Elbows
50 Push Press 45/35
50 Superman/Back Extension
50 Wall Ball 20/14
50 Burpees
50 Double Under

I remembered doing this workout sometime over a year ago and I only did reps of 30 with the some of weights scaled. This time around everything would be done Rx and decidedly in reps of 40 (upon Tim's recommendation because knowing myself I probably would have decided on the full 50). A part of me was jealous of those going full Rx with the 50 reps(crazy right?!) but not knowing how long the workout would take me I felt okay scaling. I maintained a good pace up until I got to the knees to elbows. I couldn't manage to chain more than 3-4 reps so that took up quite some time. The first 25 reps of push press went fairly quick then I started feeling fatigued and the bar started feeling heavier. After I got through burpees and on to the double unders, I was able to chain a max 27 reps of those suckers and powered through the end of the work out.

When I moved on from the burpees to the double unders, I looked over at the time: 27:04. 'I have to get in under 28 minutes', I told myself. Pushing past how tired I was I focused on the next rep: no breaks, straight through, to the very last double under, "TIME" I yelled.... 27:58! Not bad I thought to myself, but I wonder what time I would have gotten had I done the entire Filthy Fifty? Next time!

Results: 27:58

No comments:

Post a Comment